Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring is in the air...

"Is the Spring coming?" he said. "What is it like?"
"It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine..."
Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden.

 
 
 
The white eggs I found in the supermarket are from a local farm they are called 'O Eggs' from Clonarn Clover and they come in a cute pink container because they support action breast cancer. Not only do these eggs taste fantastic (soft boiled with buttery toast, mmm) but they are local and help charity. Wow super eggs! I imagine lots of lovely hens running around green fields feeling so proud of themselves right now. So how could I throw away the shells and container when they are such caring eggs? I just couldn't - not without doing my bit too! so I planted some seeds, daisy, pansy, and a few bulbs they are starting to sprout already. The good thing about this idea is that I can plant the entire egg into a pot or flowerbed outside when the seedlings become more mature and the shells will bio-degrade naturally. The other awsome thing is that when I go to water them there is no mess, any excess water that spills over the sides is soaked up by the paper container. Happy days!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment